New role spans trade and tourism
Great Southern Tourism and Trade Manager Glen Thompson brings extensive experience in the public and private sectors to his new role in our region.
He has extensive marketing and trade expertise, having worked across the food supply chain. He most recently worked in Dubai as marketing manager for Spinneys, a premium fresh food retailer with 80 stores, purchasing produce from all over the world.
Before this, he was marketing and sales manager for Stanbroke in Queensland, one of Australia’s largest family-owned, vertically-integrated beef companies. He has been the regional manager for Southeast Asia and China for Meat and Livestock Australia, has consulted for the Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development and worked across some local well-known brands including Mount Barker Chicken, Plantagenet Pork (Milne) and Harvest Road.
Glen’s skills lie in senior stakeholder management, media and communications, marketing, strategy and policy development, which will prove invaluable to his tourism development role in the Great Southern.
Read more from Bulletin 63:
- Noongar elders and emerging leaders build networks
- Journey to Great Southern heartlands
- Mount Barker wine pioneer honoured
- Support boost for cancer patients
- Local flavour for Porongurup whisky
- Noongar people celebrate seeds of enterprise
- Frankland River units open new options
- Students explore business connections
Go to GSDC Home page.