Department on show
Staff from the GSDC joined other Great Southern Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development (DPIRD) officers in a combined display at the Albany Agricultural Show in November. The joint effort was the first time the Albany show has hosted the three strands of the new department in a single display since DPIRD was created two years ago from the former departments of Regional Development, Agriculture and Food, and Fisheries.
Through interactive displays and face-to-face service, show patrons learned about biosecurity, careers in primary industry, shark deterrent rebates and up-to-date rules for recreational fishers. Soil productivity and animal diseases drew the attention of primary producers.
GSDC staff focused on available funding opportunities and highlighted the State Government’s support for regional development projects, including Great Southern Regional Economic Development grants.
Read more from Bulletin 56:
- Surf reef design work to start
- Wave energy expertise sparks community engagement
- Feast of Aboriginal food knowledge
- New welcome in store at Old Farm
- Mount Barker abuzz for Mountains and Murals
- Businesses tap into information flow
- Play time for all ages
- Dance and story close Bloom 2019
- Coordination for resources projects
Go to GSDC Home page.