Local Content Program
The Great Southern Development Commission has a strong commitment to diversifying the region's economic base, growth of business and entrepreneurship, retaining, attracting and developing skilled people, and maximising local jobs.
To support this focus, the State Government has launched a Local Content Program to maximise the participation of regional industry in regional supply or works contracting opportunities.
Recognising that it can often be challenging for businesses to access and engage as a supplier, Local Content Advisers have been appointed in each Regional Development Commission to take a lead role in promoting supply opportunities and facilitating regional business capability and growth.
At a regional level Local Content Advisers work with a range of stakeholders including government, industry groups and local businesses to tailor activities to respond to the unique requirements of their communities.
Local Content Adviser
Local Content Advisers are available to provide advisory and referral services to businesses in regional areas. Their focus is on helping support regional businesses compete for State Government supply opportunities. This role is an essential component of the WA Industry Link initiative under the Western Australian Jobs Act 2017.
Your Local Content Adviser aims to:
- Connect local businesses to supply opportunities in the region
- Enable regional business to be competitive in regional procurement processes
- Inform the design of government procurement activities to maximise local business participation.
Your Local Content Adviser can assist with:
- Understanding how to sell to Government
- Finding assistance to build supply chain capability and capacity
- Identifying upcoming government supply opportunities
- Identifying State and Federal Government financial assistance programs
- Understanding your rights and responsibilities under the Western Australian Jobs Act 2017and the Western Australian Industry Participation Strategy
- Connecting head contractors with subcontractors and suppliers
- Improving local business productivity and capability
For further information contact GSDC Local Content Adviser Gavin Ellis by email or on 9842 4888.