Voucher program supports carbon strategies in the Great Southern
Great Southern farmers can access vouchers for professional advice on soil carbon projects and the carbon farming market. Part of a $15 million Carbon Farming and Land Restoration Program, the Carbon for Farmers vouchers will help farmers develop soil carbon and revegetation projects and reap the benefits of carbon sequestration.
Farmers in the South West Land Division, including the Great Southern, can access vouchers up to $10,000 to engage professional services. Participants must contribute 10 per cent of the value of the services.
The vouchers can be used to engage the services of appropriate professionals to complete a land management strategy, a requirement of registering a carbon project with the Clean Energy Regulator.
Interested parties are encouraged to apply as soon as possible to be ready to participate in impending Carbon Farming and Land Restoration Program ACCU Plus funding rounds.
Follow the link to apply for a voucher and for more information about the Carbon Farming and Land Restoration Program. Applications close at 5pm on Friday April 1, 2022.
Read more from Bulletin 64:
- WA Governor explores Katanning culture and history
- Five Great Southern projects to share $586,100 in RED Grants
- Partnerships promote trade and tourism
- Katanning café supports eco awareness
- TEDx Kinjarling takes Great Southern speakers to the world
- Nowanup a place of healing
- CinefestOz Albany to showcase Australian films
- Taste Great Southern tempts Perth foodies
- Milestone for Albany Ring Road
- Survey to help boost drought resilience
Go to GSDC Home page.