Heads-up for potential contractors
In a unique approach to engaging with local businesses, the Department of Finance is working with GSDC Local Content Adviser Charlotte McIntyre to inform the community about three major projects to be under way over the next three years. The advance information will help regional businesses to understand what opportunities lie ahead over the next few years, rather than at the time of each project delivery.
Between 2021 and 2023 the Albany Health Centre Oncology Unit, the South Regional TAFE Trades Building and Albany Senior High School Performing Arts Centre will be constructed. A registration of interest for suppliers to register for all or any of the three projects will:
- Enable head contractors to link with more local suppliers to increase local content in the construction
- Provide useful and ongoing information to local suppliers on the progress of each project
- Assist local businesses to increase their capacity to be competitive by accessing tailored support such as training on tendering and exploration of collaboration opportunities.
The registration will be closed upon the award of the last of the three project contracts, which is estimated to be in the final quarter of 2021.
Immediate interest was shown in the registration opportunity, with 15 submissions in the first two days. Businesses can register by following the link to the form.
Read more from Bulletin 60:
- CEO’s 21-year stint draws to a close
- Doors open for students
- Search starts for 14th GSDC Medallist
- Regional businesses eye disability sector
Go to GSDC Home page.